7PM on Tuesday, April, 16th at Pilgrim Surf & Supply, North 3rd Street & Wythe.
Everyone did AMAZING work in the immediate relief effort after Sandy, and the timing is NOW to dive into the large-scale & long-term rebuild process.
In addition, we have lots of beach & surf events coming up, updates from the coastal development policy summit, and several agencies (and people) to track related to long-term beach restoration planning.
AND: We’ll have refreshments courtesy of Cliffton Dry Premium Sparkling Cider, which just adds to the awesome.
Exec Committee Openings and Elections
- Volunteer director (direct & coordinate members for events)
- Social media director (update FB, Insta, Twitter, and site)
- RAP strategy / how to leverage social media on Bag It site to put pressure on the initiative
- Blue Water Task Force / we have pricing and volunteers — need to codify interest and participation — how to disseminate results? Should we / can we partner with NY Water Trails? Note that they test from mid-May to mid-Oct at boat launches from Yonkers to Jamaica Bay (using same kits we would use IDEXX and test for same microbes).
- Beach Replenishment / monitoring of plans from USACE, FEMA, etc. Points of contact for regular updates from ACE, NYC Parks, and Joint Task Force.
- Tester idea: Any interest in running at Ocean Friendly Garden project?
- Long-term concept related to Michelle Cortez and Surf Barn in Rockaway
- Mentioned in The Usual publication(!)
- Very large and successful turnout at Patagonia SOHO movie event
- BIBs on order
- ReThink T Shirts available for $4.50 / ea.
Need to assign teams of people to deal with each event, coordinate tabling, membership, etc. Documents and details to come for all events — will be distributed to team leaders.
- Earth Day / April 20th (tabling opportunity)
- Full Moonwalk / April 25th (volunteer opportunity)
- Hands Across The Sand / May 18th (tabling & volunteer opportunity)
- SwimStrong / May 18th (volunteer opportunity)
- Int’l Surf Day / Thursday, June 20th (tabling & volunteer opportunity)
- BWBRP / Saturday, August 10th (tabling & volunteer opportunity)