It is only through our supporters that the Surfrider Foundation can fight the battles that face our oceans, waves and beaches.Â Ways to learn about upcoming volunteer opportunities:
- Come to a chapter meeting. Unless otherwise noted, chapter meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month. We like to move around, so please check out our Chapter Meeting Calendar for details.
- Email us.Â Looking to help out or have a volunteer opporunity? Contact us atÂ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be a friend. Become our friend on Facebook and weâ€™ll let you know what weâ€™re up to!
- Follow us. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram Â for the most up-to date info.
- Keep dropping in. Really, itâ€™s okay. Check out our Blog and Events Calendar for the latest volunteer opportunities.
Environmental Issues Team (EIT):
As a grassroots organization, the Surfrider Foundation would be unable to mobilize or operate successful community-based campaigns without the help of our volunteer activists. One arm of our activist organization is the Environmental Issues Team (EIT). Comprised of a group of highly trained science-based professionals, the EIT is the environmental brain trust of the Surfrider Foundation. The EIT works with chapters to help address various environmental issues while developing their campaigns. Surfrider Foundation’s Environmental Issues Team played a part in assisting our chapters earn victories at Sandy Hook, Loch Arbor, Solana Beach.
The Surfrider Foundation is always recruiting new EIT members. If you are interested please email Mark Rauscher at email@example.com.
Legal Issues Team (LIT):
The role of the Legal Issues Team (‘LIT’) is to provide pro-bono services to the Chapters and Surfrider Foundation as a whole (through the international headquarters) on a case-by-case, issue-by-issue basis. LIT participants are talented and accredited attorneys from various geographic locations, representing a vast range of legal expertise. The list of volunteer attorneys is maintained in the LIT database. The LIT is managed by the Managing Attorney and directed by the Legal Issues Committee of the Board of Directors.
To join our LIT, just send your resume and short note of interest to Angela Howe at firstname.lastname@example.org.