Bring your team out to help take care of our local beach!
This program is still limited due to restrictions on events related to COVID-19. We hope to be able to bring back the program to full capacity in 2022 – submit your interest and we will get back to you to discuss.
Looking for a fun and meaningful way for your company to give back to the community and help protect our ocean? Your Beach Cleanup Experience awaits!
Beach Cleanup Experiences take place in Rockaway and are a fantastic opportunity for your team to help keep our shores healthy, contribute to local environmental efforts and boost morale!
Our packages start at a donation of $2500 (depending on the number of employees). This tax-deductible donation to Surfrider NYC goes directly into our local programs and campaigns that protect clean water and healthy beaches for future generations.
- Full event execution – including set-up and breakdown
- Event permitting and insurance
- Annual membership to Surfrider Foundation for each attendee
- Reusable Surfrider tote bag for each attendee
- Analysis report of beach cleanup and data entry into national database
- Safety talk by Surfrider rep
- “Introduction to Rise Above Plastics” environmental talk by Surfrider rep
- All sustainable beach clean up supplies – tent, gloves, bags, sunscreen, water cooler
- Team of Surfrider volunteers to execute the beach cleanup
- Social media post recognizing your team for their contribution to keeping our beach clean
- List of suggested establishments for post-event hangout/refreshments
Our chapter is 100% volunteer run. Therefore, we only have so much capacity to host especially during busy times. We recommend getting your request in 6-8 weeks in advance of your event. Once your inquiry form is completed, we’ll get back to you within 7 days. Thank you!